Search This Blog

Sunday, April 23, 2017

How to Deseed a Tomato

I was looking through photos, and came across this one. There is a story that goes with it. We were out to dinner, one evening, at a popular chain restaurant. It's the restaurant that spends its money on an in house butcher.

I wanted a salad, and I thought, surely their chef can make a salad, without the tomato seeds. I put in my request. 

The waitress returned to the table, "The cook said he doesn't have time to pick out each seed!" Sometimes you just have to laugh.

Just in case you don't know, or you've never thought about it, deseeding a tomato is quite easy. 


Just slice the tomato in half, vertically. Then, use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. From there you can slice, or dice, depending on your preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment