Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

Coconut Bon Bon 'Cakes

I enjoy making pancake recipes. I think my recipes tend to be more dessert-like though. I mean, who's kidding who? Pancakes aren't part of a healthy breakfast, are they? Come on! We all know they are dessert ;)



Last week I made a terrific batch of Chocolate Coconut Pancakes. They were so good, that that is all I ate for the next four meals! Alas, I didn't write that recipe down. I did think, though, if I added Maraschino cherries to the batch, they would taste like coconut bon bons. My goal was to make pancakes that would taste as good as the bon bons, my friend, Joann Repp makes.



In my batter I included: mini chocolate chips, coconut and Maraschino cherries! The batter looks so festive.



But the pancakes taste even better! So, to show my thanks to a family friend, for sharing her bon bon recipe, and because it isn't right to have candy for breakfast. I bring to you:

Coconut Bon Bon 'Cakes



INGREDIENTS:
1 Cup Bisquick baking mix
1 Cup flour
3 Tablespoons quick oats
2 Tablespoons butter flakes
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
3 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
1/4 Cup flaked coconut
1 Cup non fat milk
3/4 Cup heavy whipping cream
2 Teaspoons coconut extract
6 Maraschino cherries, minced

DIRECTIONS:
In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Stir in wet ingredients, until batter is  smooth. Heat a large pan, or griddle to medium-high heat. Lightly coat with vegetable oil. Pour 1/4 cup batter to form a pancake. Cook 2 - 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Flip and continue cooking for 2 - 3 minutes. Makes 14 pancakes.






No comments:

Post a Comment