Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie

I love peanut butter! What else can I say? I'm obsessed with it. Generally my breakfast consists of half a whole wheat peanut butter and banana sandwich. When I tire of that I reach for a Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie.
 

The base for all my smoothie recipes include non fat milk and non fat Greek yogurt. If I'm feeling the need for additional protein, I include a scoop of unflavored soy protein.


Making smoothies in the Magic Bullet couldn't be any easier. You put all the ingredients into a cup, and process until smooth.

 
There are a couple of advantages to using the Magic Bullet blender. One, the container is also a cup, which results in less cleanup. Secondly, you make individual servings, thus, avoiding food waste.
 
 
PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SMOOTHIE
 
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 Cup non fat milk
1/2 Cup non fat Greek yogurt
1 1/2 Teaspoons honey
1/2 Banana
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
1 Scoop unflavored soy protein powder (optional)
8 Ice cubes
 
DIRECTIONS:
Blend all ingredients, in a blender, until smooth.
 
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:
296 calories
35 grams carbs
23 grams protein
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment