Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2021

Pumpkin Custard

I'm on my fourth batch of Pumpkin Custard. I kept tweeking the recipe, until I had the calories under 100, per serving; without sacrificing taste. 

I'm not a big fan of artificial sweeteners. I use Clover Valley (Dollar General) Stevia Packets. I use canned evaporated milk, but no non fat. The non fat evaporated milk didn't set quite as thick, as I liked. Also the calories were higher with the non fat milk. Brown sugar gives more flavor, and goes well with the warm spices. 

The calorie totals are without the whipped cream. If you want whipped cream, just sweeten heavy whipping cream, with a packet of stevia. I like that this recipe satisfies the sweet tooth, while providing nutrition. 

 

PUMPKIN CUSTARD

Ingredients:

1/3 Cup brown sugar

1 Teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 Teaspoon allspice

1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger

2 Packets Clover Valley Stevia

1 (15 ounce) Can pumpkin

2 Eggs

1 (12 ounce) Can evaporated milk

Directions:

In a large mixing bowl, stir brown sugar, spices, and stevia. Whisk in pumpkin. Add eggs, blending well. Whisk in evaporated milk, blending well. Pour into 9 custard dishes. Bake at  350 for 30 minutes, or until set. Let cool to room temperature. Cover, and refrigerate, until ready to serve. 95 calories per serving. 

 

WHIPPED TOPPING

Ingredients:

2/3 Cup heavy whipping cream

1 Clover Valley Stevia packet

Directions:

Whip to stiff peaks. Spread over cooled custard. Sprinkle with cinnamon. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment