Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2022

Layered Bacon And Pea Salad

 


I’ve been craving, a salad, for the longest time! I planned on making Layered Bacon And Pea Salad, Thanksgiving 2021. My daughter talked me out of it, saying salads are low rankings, on Thanksgiving. I understand. They are. This year, I held firm, and made the salad, for myself. 

Why all the fuss, over a salad? I haven’t been able to eat salad since 2016. I am happy to write, I tolerated the salad, just fine. Woo hoo! I’m about to create, all the Layered Salads! 


LAYERED BACON AND PEA SALAD

DRESSING:

1 Cup mayonnaise

1/4 Cup sour cream

1 Tablespoon Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix

 

SALAD:

2 cups uncooked macaroni: your choice (ditalini, shell, elbows)

1 Tablespoon olive oil

1 (8 Ounce) Package fresh spinach

1 Medium red onion, thinly sliced

8 Hard-boiled eggs, quartered

1 (16 Ounce) Package frozen peas

8 Ounces cheddar cheese, shredded

12 Ounces bacon, cooked, crumbled

 

DIRECTIONS:

Prepare dressing ingredients, in a small bowl. Refrigerate, until ready to use. Cook macaroni, according to package directions; drain well. Return cooked macaroni to cooking pot. Toss macaroni with olive oil. Set aside. In a clear salad bowl, arrange salad ingredients: spinach, macaroni, red onion, eggs, peas, cheese, dressing, and bacon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment