Search This Blog

Sunday, November 19, 2023

The Most Perfect Cornbread

 


I’ve tinkered around with the Perfect Cornbread, to make what I now refer to as, The Most Perfect Cornbread. I think cornbread tastes so much lighter, and moist, when made with buttermilk. The whole texture changes. There is debate, if sugar should be added to cornbread. I can go zero sugar, but I opted to add 1 teaspoon. It’s not noticeable, but it’s enough to balance the cornmeal. 


THE MOST PERFECT CORNBREAD

 

INGREDIENTS:

1 Cup Cornmeal

1 Cup flour

4 Teaspoons baking power

1 Teaspoon sugar

3/4 Teaspoon salt

1 Cup buttermilk

2 Eggs

1/4 Cup shortening

 

DIRECTIONS:

Heat oven to 425. Grease an 8" cast iron skillet. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients. Stir in buttermilk, eggs, and shortening, to combine. Transfer mixture to greased skillet. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes; until golden brown.  

No comments:

Post a Comment