Search This Blog

Thursday, January 4, 2024

Penne With Sausage And Roasted Butternut Squash

 


My daughter asked me to buy butternut squash, penne pasta, and kale, when she came to visit, for Christmas. I’m glad I bought it! As you know, I make cooking demonstration videos. I reminded her that I bought the items, and they needed to be used.


She was in a hurry and didn’t want to do a full-fledged video. I asked her to do her thing and let the camera run. In the end, I got a delicious recipe that even the hubby loves. Also, the video came out great! Grab those recipes when you can. However, you can.



PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH

INGREDIENTS:
1 Butternut squash, peeled, deseeded, chopped
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 Teaspoon Maldon flaked sea salt
1/2 Teaspoon granulated garlic
12 Ounces breakfast sausage - or your choice of sausage
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 Bunch kale, chopped 
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon paprika 
8 Ounces penne pasta, cooked to package directions 
1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated

DIRECTIONS:
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment. Place butternut squash on parchment. Toss butternut squash in oil, salt, and granulated garlic. Roast for 30 minutes, or until butternut squash is tender and golden brown. Heat a large skillet, over medium high heat. Brown sausage. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside. Deglaze pan with a few tablespoons water, if needed. Heat oil. Add onion, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar. Cook until onion has softened. Stir in kale. Place lid on skillet, and let kale soften, a few minutes. Add salt and paprika. Return sausage to pan. Toss in penne. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.







No comments:

Post a Comment