Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich

 

Who doesn’t love a grilled cheese sandwich? It a childhood favorite, that an adult can appreciate. It goes great with a bowl of your favorite soup. I love to dunk my Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich into a nice hot bowl of tomato soup. My hubby dunks his into chicken noodle soup.


I’ve grilled my sandwiches with butter. I’ve, also, grilled them with mayonnaise; using the restaurant hack. This time, I did a taste test. I wanted to see which tasted better. I was quite surprised. You can see my reaction, on my YouTube tutorial. A video demonstration is available, by clicking this link.


GRILLED HAM & CHEESE SANDWICH

 

INGREDIENTS:

2 Slices sandwich bread

1 Tablespoon full fat mayonnaise - or - butter, softened

2 Slices American cheese, unwrapped

3 Slices deli ham, thinly sliced

 

DIRECTIONS:

Heat frying pan, or griddle, to medium high heat. Spread mayo, lightly, onto one side; of each slice of bread. Stack sandwich in pan: 1 slice bread (mayonnaise side down), cheese, ham, cheese,  1 slice bread (mayonnaise side up). Grill until golden brown, and

crispy. 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Making sure cheese has melted. Makes 1 sandwich


Mix things up, with more grilled sandwich options.

 

BREAD:

Croissant

Wheat

White

Sourdough

 

CHEESE:

American

Brie

Cheddar

Jack

Provolone

 

MEAT:

Ham

Pastrami

Roast Beef

Turkey


No comments:

Post a Comment