Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Perfectly Boiled Eggs



One of my pet peeves are hard boiled eggs that have a grey or green tinge. It is off putting to me. I know the color does not affect the taste. I just can’t get past the unpleasant color. I am going to share a cooking method, for perfectly boiled eggs.


We’ve all struggled peeling hard boiled eggs. I learned from, That Cuckoo Aunt, a content creator on TikTok; an egg peeling hack. Before the eggs hit the pot of water, tap the large end of the egg on the counter. This will break the membrane, making the shell easy to remove. You will hear a distinctive sound,  when that membrane breaks. This method works on fresh eggs!

 
Chose a pot, with a tight fitting lid. Cover eggs with cold water.
 
 
Bring to a boil. Cover pot. Turn off the heat. Let set on burner for 10 minutes.
 
 
Cool eggs under cool running water.
 
 
I rinse the eggs, in the pot of water, as I’m removing the shells.
 
 
Just drain the water and toss the shells in the trash can, or compost bin. Never grind egg shells in your garbage disposal. According to the plumber, the most common sink stoppages are caused by egg shells and coffee grounds.

  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment