Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Hershey's Chocolate Cake


Every once in a while a cake comes along, that stands the test of time. This is that cake! The first time our family tried it, was a birthday celebration, where my mother-in-law made the cake. She had a knack for trying new recipes, and this became a family favorite.


I must confess, this is the base, of most of my chocolate cake creations. I hope to share more on this blog: Chocolate Mousse Cake, Chocolate Cake with a Cheesecake Layer, Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes, to name a few.


I, always, take the time to prepare my cake pans. That means: greasing, lining with parchment, and dusting with flour. I know it sounds like a chore, but I've never had a cake stick, when I make the effort, to prepare the pans. 


Start by sifting the dry ingredients, into a large mixing bowl.


Beat in: eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.


Stir in boiling water.


The batter will be thin. 


Bake at 350, for 30 to 35 minutes; or until cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean.


This is a small cake I made for my niece, in addition to a larger cake, the family shared. She thought if she swiped her finger through the frosting, no one would want to eat the cake. I wonder how that worked out. 

HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE CAKE

INGREDIENTS:
2 Cups sugar
1 3/4 Cups all-purpose flour
3/4 Cup Hershey's cocoa powder
1 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 Teaspoons baking soda
1 Teaspoon salt
2 Eggs
1 Cup milk
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
1 Cup boiling water

DIRECTIONS:
Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9" round baking pans. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour into pans. Bake 30 - 35 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost with Hershey's Chocolate Frosting. 

Bake your choice: 
2 layer 9" cake 
9 x 13" Sheet Cake
24 Cupcakes
Cooking times will vary. Use your cake tester, to check for doneness.

1 comment:

  1. I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your information.
    The article has really peaked my interest. I am going to book mark your
    website and keep checking for new details about once a week.
    I opted in for your Feed as well.

    ReplyDelete