Search This Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Easy Crock Pot Chili

 

This chili recipe reminded me of a childhood memory. It was fifth grade, and in the basement cafeteria, they were serving chili. I was sitting, with the girls, in the class; and across from Wendy. I noticed that Wendy was putting ketchup, on her chili. I never tried that before, and was intrigued. I wanted the ketchup bottle, next; but Wendy wouldn't give it to me. I don't know why. Maybe she just didn't want to share.  That's when I grabbed the squeeze bottle, and squirted ketchup, all over her chili! If that wasn't enough I proceeded to squirt ketchup, straight to the ceiling! Wendy wasn't having it. She threw her chili at me. We were going tit for tat. I threw my chili back at Wendy. That's when the food fight erupted. The whole class was now involved. Chili, crackers, ketchup, bowls, cups, went in all directions. We were having so much fun! Laughing, ducking, shrieking. Complete chaos! We were living our fifth grade trouble making days. Then, the Principal arrived, and shut it down. We never really talked about it, afterwards. I wasn't mad at Wendy, nor she me. We just carried on, antics, as usual. 

I wish I could say that was the only time, our class was in trouble. Truly, our fifth grade class was always up to no good: Putting tacks, in the teacher's chair. Hiding from the teacher, in the cloak room. Jumping out the window, and onto a roof. What were we thinking?! We were the worst kids, I've ever seen!

I do apologise for my behavior. I did instigate a lot, of the antics. The poor teacher, only made it half a year. We met up with her, a few years later, on a school field trip. She was the owner of a pizza shop, by then. Can you believe she treated us to pizza?! 



This is a shortuct chili, that uses canned chili. Once you brown the meat, you just dump the ingredients, in the crock pot, and cook for a couple of hours. 

EASY CROCKPOT CHILI

 

Ingredients:

1 Tablespoon cooking oil

1 Pound ground turkey breast, (fortified with 1 Tablespoon mushroom powder and 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire             sauce)

2 (15 ounce) Cans tomato sauce

2 (15 ounce) Cans Dennison's Turkey Chili

1 (15 ounce) Can kidney beans, strained

1/4 Cup Chili Seasoning Mix

 

Directions:

Brown ground turkey, in a frying pan, over medium-high heat. Drain liquids. Transfer to a crock pot. Add tomato sauce, canned chili, kidney beans, and seasoning mix. Mix well. Cook on high heat, for two hours. 

Makes 8 (1 Cup servings)

 

Toppings:

Apple cider vinegar

Ketchup

Sour cream

Onions

Shredded cheddar cheese

Crackers



To get these nutrition facts, omit the salt from the Chili Seasoning Mix

Nutrition Facts
Servings 8.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 260 
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 7 g11 %
Saturated Fat 2 g9 %
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49 mg16 %
Sodium 983 mg41 %
Potassium 172 mg5 %
Total Carbohydrate 28 g9 %
Dietary Fiber 6 g25 %
Sugars 8 g
Protein 19 g38 %
Vitamin A 2 %
Vitamin C 2 %
Calcium 5 %
Iron 6 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

No comments:

Post a Comment