Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Taco Seasoning Mix

I make my own spice mixes. This is a cost saver, from buying expensive spice packets. Also, I can control what goes into the mix. 

Everyday ingredients: onion powder, low sodium salt pepper granulated garlic, cayenne pepper, paprika, and chili powder. Since these are staple pantry items, I can quickly refill my bottle, should I run short. 

I like to blend my spice mixes. The spices stay blended, and don't separate, in the bottle. 


TACO SEASONING

Ingredients:
1/4 Cup dehydrated onion
1 Teaspoon low sodium salt
1/2 Teaspoon pepper
1 Teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2 Teaspoon paprika
3 Tablespoons chili powder

Directions:
Blend in a mini food processor. Makes 1/3 cup. 
To season 1 pound meat: use 1/3 cup seasoning + 1/2 cup water. Let simmer for 5 minutes.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment