Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Egg Salad

 

The year is 2023, and egg prices have sky rocketed. It is not uncommon to pay $7, or more, for a dozen eggs. So why am I making egg salad? A local grocer had large eggs on sale the past few weeks, and I bought a few dozen. Looking back, I shouldn’t have. The price of $2.50 per dozen got the best of me.

How to use up the eggs? Egg salad, of course! This is a simple recipe. I’ve experimented, adding various spices, but I prefer the straight forward deviled egg taste, of this salad. 





EGG SALAD

 

Ingredients:

Perfectly Boiled Eggs

1/8 Teaspoon granulated garlic

1/8 Teaspoon onion powder

1/8 Teaspoon pepper

2 Teaspoons mustard

3 Tablespoons dill pickle, minced

3 Tablespoons mayonnaise

 

Directions:

Slice Perfectly Boiled Eggs in half. Place yolks in a medium sized mixing bowl. Mash yolks with a fork. Dice egg whites, and stir with yolks. Season with garlic, onion, and pepper. Stir in remaining ingredients.

 

Serving suggestions:

Egg Salad Sandwich

Egg Salad and Crackers

Egg Salad on Bed of Mixed Salad Greens

Tomato Stuffed with Egg Salad


No comments:

Post a Comment