Search This Blog

Sunday, September 5, 2021

Patsy's Potato Salad



My Aunt Patsy is a big influence on my cooking skills. She taught me how to fry chicken, cook chili beans, and much more. Today, I am showcasing her recipe, for Potato Salad.

I've been making this, for my inlaws, along with the Chili Beans, for 30 plus years. As things stand, now; I may not get an invite to the "function", but I will get asked to make Potato Salad and Chili Beans.

Hurt feelings aside.... The part about not being invited to the "function" aka the cookout. These recipes are tried, true, and tested. They may not like you, but they will like your cooking.


An egg based, traditional, potato salad. A fan favorite, often requested at family gatherings.

PERFECTLY BOILED EGGS 

PATSY'S POTATO SALAD INGREDIENTS: 13 Medium (2 3/4 Pounds prepared) Russett potatoes, microwaved, peeled, chopped 9 Large eggs, hard boiled, separated, chopped 1 1/2 Cups mayonnaise 1 (6 ounce) Can black olives, sliced 1/4 Cup red onion, diced 3 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish (or dill pickle, minced) 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard 1 Teaspoon Righteous Seasoning DIRECTIONS: Place chopped potatoes in a large mixing bowl, with egg whites. Crumble egg yolks, into a medium sized bowl. Stir 1/2 cup mayonnaise into the egg yolks, then add to potatoes. Add remaining ingredients. Fold ingredients, until combined. *Holiday Potato Salad 1/2 Pound bacon, fried, crumbled 1 Cup cheddar cheese, grated Top Patsy's Potato Salad, with bacon and cheddar cheese, for a festive holiday side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment