Search This Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2023

Banana, Orange, & Pineapple Smoothie



I am going to share a memory, I have, each time I make a smoothie. It’s a story of pettiness. I used to get mad when I recalled this incident. Now, it gives me a chuckle. Time has a way of changing things.

Remember the weight loss reality show, where they based a diet on your blood type? A fad diet, but let’s make it a TV show. It was a hit and they sold many cookbooks. My sister-in-law bought a cookbook. At a family gathering, she was talking about smoothie recipes, from her new cookbook.  I recently discovered smoothie goodness, and asked if she could share a recipe. She piped up, “ If you want the recipe, you’re going to have to buy the book. “ She was blunt, and that told me all I needed to know. 

If there’s anything to learn from the story; don’t create bad food memories for people. Here I am, 30 years later, thinking of that stupid story, every time I make a smoothie! 

I believe recipes are meant to be shared. If somebody asks for a recipe, I am happy to share it.



BANANA ORANGE PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIE 

 

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 Cup ice

1/2 Orange, juiced 

2 Ounces pineapple 

1 Ounce banana

3/4 Cup Nonfat plain Greek Yogurt

1/2 Cup Banana Flavored Milk (see recipe)

1 Packet Stevia

 

DIRECTIONS:

Put all ingredients, in a blender cup. Process until smooth.







No comments:

Post a Comment